A big thank you to follower Marsha Graham with iPhone Photoblogging for nominating Lipreading Mom for the One Lovely Blog Award!
There are five guidelines for accepting this award:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
3. Tell them seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
5. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
Seven facts about me:
1. I am a hard of hearing wife and mom of three beautiful children.
2. If I could travel back in time, it would be to the early 1960s and I’d take my family with me.
3. Coffee is my favorite drink. Water is what I drink most.
4. I was born and raised in Oklahoma. I was born again in 1982 when I asked Jesus into my heart as an 8-year-old girl.
5. My father’s family has a history of hearing loss that has impacted my aunt, uncle, and two cousins my age. I am the only known family member who developed hearing loss in my 20s.
6. I run late everywhere!
7. Writing is not only my profession, it’s my passion. Give me a computer or journal, and I’m happy. It’s instant (and free) therapy.
The next part of the award is nominating other bloggers:
1. Life is about Creating Yourself – Kelly documents her life as a Deaf Peace Corps worker in Africa. She is a personal friend who I deeply admire.
2. Staying in Hope – My friend RJ Thesman offers much encouragement to caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
3. Hearing Elmo – After her cochlear implant activation, the first sound blogger Denise Portis heard was the tiny voice of friendly red monster, Elmo.
4. Adventures of a Deaf Adult – What’s not to like about this snazzy title?
5. SayWhatClub – Bloggers Chelle and others share compelling stories about their lives with hearing loss.
6. Head Above Water – Writer Allison Wells is a marketing whiz when it comes to her books and blogging, and she offers insight for all of us.
7. Deaf Insight – So I may be an unpaid contributor to this site. Still, what Monica Hood and other bloggers have done to promote awareness about the deaf community is inspiring.
8. Glory and Strength – Debra Butterfield is a Christian writer offering encouragement during the trials of life.
9. Green Living Peace – Elizabeth loves protecting the earth’s precious natural resources. It’s a cause near to my heart.
10. Writer in Waiting – Aspiring writers receive attention and inspiration from Dawn Alexander’s fun blog.
11. Another Boomer Blog – Here’s to one of my blog’s most ardent supporters—Marsha. Thanks for the compelling stories.
12. Life in Color with Closed Captions – A cool blog for today’s hard of hearing hipsters.
13. Becoming Deaf – Don’t let hearing loss stop you from being your *whole* self. That’s what I like about this blog.
14. Rawkin Raw – I found this informative site during a 40-day quest to eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. And I keep coming back to it.
15. Collaboration for Communication Access via Captioning – The blog posts, captioned videos, and advocacy efforts make this my favorite site listed on the top 15 list. Way to go, CCAC, for promoting worldwide captioning!
Again, thanks to Marsha for nominating my blog. I hope everyone I’ve listed accepts their award and passes it on to the people they admire. It is a great way to share blogs others might never otherwise see.
Thanks for the nominate! I’m looking forward to checking the other blogs out as well!!
Kelly – You are welcome!
Thank you so much for the nomination! I will pass it along! I enjoy your writing very much!!
Elizabeth – You are welcome! Your nomination is much deserved; you do a wonderful job on your blog.
Pingback: One lovely blog « Life In Color With Closed Captions