All of our lives could play as a reality show. There are moments of intense drama, like receiving a strange medical diagnosis or experiencing a near crash in the mini-van during rush-hour traffic. Throw in a few splashes of humor, courtesy of sugar-happy kids or the messy family pet. That’s the entertaining part.
But what about the scenes left unfilmed, when nothing really happens: sorting white socks in the laundry or wiping down a toilet seat. Real life, you know what I mean?
So, to give you a sneak peek into what really happens behind the scenes, I present this list.
1) I am lost without my family around me. Literally. Family keeps me going, so I prefer not being alone.
2) Since childhood, I have loved Jesus. Praying to him keeps me focused.
3) Candy has to be hidden in our house or I will eat it. Sweets keep me hyper and happy. Then I crash.
4) I have trouble waking up most mornings (the residual effect of that sugar crash.) Coffee keeps me awake and alert to lip read kids.
5) Some days, I’m just plain tired. Sunday afternoon naps keep me sane. Hearing aids come out then.
6) I love to read what people comment on the Lipreading Mom blog. Friends like you keep me smiling.
So…that’s the real and not quite filmable part of Lipreading Mom’s Real Life.
Can you relate? Drop me a line because, as mentioned before, I love reading your comments. Honest.